Saturday, September 6, 2008

Kavitha....my anchor, my heart, my soul & my wife!

A wife is the joy of a man's heart.-- Talmud

Being a wife can be a challenge and one of the biggest roles that a woman can take on. It's easier to be loving during the early years of a relationship where everything is fresh and new. It takes commitment and dedication to remain loving in a long marriage, especially one where the busyness of daily life and children can be overwhelming at times.

It's a wonderful thing whenever I'm to come across scrapbook layouts where a loving wife splashes out her loving thoughts towards her husband, their marriage and their commitment to each other even after years of marriage. I thought it befitting that I should let the world know about a wife & who better than my own wife-Kavi!


Meanwhile,I realise its not easy to write about your life partner.Like life,there are possibilities that we tend to take our life partners for granted & realise we never give them enough credit for what they bring to our life & who thay are.Hence this exercise to key in about my life anchor-Kavi.

I have seen Kavi evolve-from the loving girl next door, to the beautiful girlfriend , interesting housewife & a awesome mother! All these bring a little smile as some of the incidents shared with KAVI till date are quite amusing. Inspiring, funny,thought provoking.....and lot more...as she never ceases to impress me with her growth....through her acts,talks & ways......

Hence this endeavour to express myself about my dear wife,Kavi – my anchor....

Well Well Well, I understand suddenly what is called pressure when I know that my wife Kavi has been waiting anxiously to read & know what I had to say about her & her impact in my life ,all along.

But then, I know not how to frame into words the exact value Kavi has brought into my life ! For the 1st time in my life, I feel short of words! I’m sure anything/everything I say would be dissected to the core & envisaged in different shades .Suddenly I’m realizing why they say that a written word can either be a life saving nectar or the poison of death.Yet I want to lay to rest once for all what it is write of someone closet to you.Kavi knows me inside/out & much better than anyone else! Sometimes I feel she knows me better than me myself (wink , like all wives do!) !

Its often said that the purest & deepest of emotions are to be felt & not said! I would like to take refuge in those lines as I know for sure that no words can do the fullest & real justice to what you mean to me Kavi & what you are in my life!!

Hence, let try to convey whatever I can with this small poem that I conjured in my heart on 19th Sept’08 having known Kavi as my love, wife & now mother of my angel,Jia …..
To My Wonderful Wife - Kavi
How do I begin to tell you how lucky I am to have you in my life?
I'll start by saying what a gift you gave me the day you became my wife.
You're my best friend in the good times and my rock in times of sorrow.
You're the reason for sweet yesterdays and my promise for tomorrow.
I never thought I could feel this loved until you became my wife.
You made my life and I could not ask for more!!

Kavi, you came into my life out of the blue like a comet & have revolutionized it ever since! I vividly recollect you having come home with your dad as a cute, sweet ,pinky doll who would sit silently with just a few smiles thrown in. It was my 1st ever notice of you & it has stayed with me till date! I see a mirror image of that bygone kid of yourself in our little Jia ,sometimes! That is when,I go speechless & start smiling to myself……. Thanking God for bringing you & subsequently Jia into my life!

Lot has happened ever since I 1st ever saw you years back & lot is yet to happen in our lives, together…….& I know deep within me that you were always meant to be –my soul mate/my wife !

We have seen various shades of life in the last 6 years of our married life,together! You have been my shadow in facing all the challenges hat life throws at us & giving your shoulder gamely each time to surmount the odds life has been teasing us with .Amidst all these ,with various turmoil in our lives ,I could not sleep one night and these are a culmination of the words that were in my head.
My Life, My Wife-Kavi
I always felt You were the one I'd be with all my life.
We met, we loved,We lived romantically &
then you became my wife.
We shared some great times, Good and bad!
We laughed when happy ,Cried when sad.
As time went on,Our hearts did lift
When we were blessed with god's greatest gifts.
Our child Jia too brought a wealth of joy we never knew.
That's when life got in the way,the stresses of work,
the fickle ways of life And not enough time to play.
I carried on a futile quest chasing dreams and happiness
Trying hard to do my/our best
But ended up with so much less
It's not that easy
As we now know It never was, right from the start
One thing we learned, as we did go
Is happiness Only comes from the heart!!
Must confess here that you have been all heart!You have given your heart,mind & soul to our relation .You have given it a deeper meaning & stature with your selfless love & charming ways.
Its often read n said that life of a man is anchored around his wife! Nothing can be further from the truth. I’m a live example! I’m not easily impressed! I never was contented with anything in life!But then,it changed! It changed when you came into my life! Thanks to you Kavi,I found Happiness & at ease with what HE has chosen for me & blessed me with ,as my life partner-you!
My Greatest Happiness
This is my greatest happiness--
To spend my life with you,
Sharing trials and triumphs,
Joys and problems, too,
To see your smiles in the morning
And hold you close at night,
To know we'll be together
Whether days are gray or bright,
Sharing all the little things
That make our daily life
. . . This is my greatest happiness--
To have you for my wife.

Hey dearest Kavi , You never cease to amuse me with your words, thoughts , ways & acts. Amidst all these you continue to impress me every single day with your own unique brand of ideas/innovations & hidden talents. Keep it going sweets. My Expectations are beyond boundaries for your success & growth as a person. You sure are capable of much more than what you know about yourself!

You have excelled as a wife & as a mother! I have seen the metamorphosis from the girl whom I romanced prior marriage to the wife of today & the mother of my baby.You have been awesome! You have far exceeded my expectations & am sure you are doing your parents proud! My humble salutations of your dear parents to nurturing you with all their goodies & & making you the person you are! I’m proud of you sweetheart!

We have a long way to go ahead of us.We do not know what life has in store for us,together .But I’m sure ,with you as my anchor & strength , we can & we shall succeed in all our endeavours through various kolors of life ,together with your unflinching support, pure luv, genuine care & active participation !!
I’m glad & feel privileged that you are in my life……as my anchor & luv you for whom you are….& much more than any words could express......
Together through life!
Hand in hand we walk together,
God's grace warms us from above.
It's him I thank each day
I wake for blessing me with all your love.
The sunshine in my morning and
the bird that sings my song.
In this life when I am troubled ,
through God it's you who keeps me strong.
The wind beneath my wings
as this bird of life takes to flight.
You are the stars that brighten up my sky in the darkness of the night.
The mother of my child-Jia and
the air that gives me life.
My truest & best friend of all...
my heart, my soul, my anchor…..
my wife Kavi.!!
Thank you sweetheart for everything & due heartfelt apologies, if whatever I say & do hurts you ever!! Just want to let you know that these immortal words by Sir Charles Gavan Duffy are what I have always prayed us to be..... "My best chosen friend, companion, guide, to walk through life, linked hand-in-hand, two equal, loving friends, true husband and true wife".
On your part, you have been much more than what a ideal wife is supposed to be.I can now exclaim as I have & completely agree with what was stated by Harold MacMillan " "No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed".I feel that I'm blessed indeed & thank God for that!!

yours, forever & always (without a shadow of doubt!!)
(I do not want to say I love u dear, as I want u to feel that in my words, actions, thoughts, looks & irrespective of what phase of life we are in & what people have to say!!)

No comments: