Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Resolutions....

One of my new year resolutions was to post once a week, you have to believe me on this one, people. Anyhow I will go back to my trademark dialogue that life has been getting into the way of living too often and therefore I have been busy doing other things. Thanks are in order to the lovely conscious soul /heart within who tagged me and poked me out of my self imposed dormancy. My heart /soul loves to dig depe on me/my thoughts n be very very provoking to do my best (hint, hint to all those that have been checking on me and have been questioning me about my dull face sometimes...ya my soul/heart asks manya questions that leave me reeling with no answers ..heheheh) and belive me,my soul/heart can not be bribed by consolation words....They hurt me more when I try to give them excuses & exaplanations.They are real tough hard taskmasters.They listen to no sounds/acts.They want action-now & results!! Most times, anyways I have to make some efforts or else.they just dont let me sleep............(Yes, now the secret is out ..as to why I dondt sleep deep & long..!!)


Without further ado, here is the tag that soul wants me to take up. So the rules go thus :Post 5 links to 5 of your previously written posts. The posts have to relate to the 5 key words given : family, friend, yourself, your love, anything you like. Tag 5 other friends to do this meme. Try to tag at least 2 new acquaintances (if not, your current blog buddies will do) so that you get to know them each a little bit better.

Family- Hmmmm. As someone that uses the term family, very loosely, to refer to my nearets/dearest ones & not anyone in extended family and friends.Yes for me my family includes those not necessarily related to me in blood (My strong belief that these bonds of love are not always with people of our own flesh and blood) but also a select few wonderful people that have made a difference in my life, a quick walk down memory lane (this blog) indicates that the usually loquacious soul /heart has been rather reticent in this instance. But there are someo people that stand out when I mention the word family & they are listed in the "PEOPLE WHO MADE A DIFFERENCE IN MY WORLD"

Friends- There are those that stayed when others left. There are those that are a phone call away, an email away and those that I haven’t seen in ages. There are sepia memories and stolen fragments of time of a life and a time far away and yet there are friendships that are a part of who I am and who make me what I am. They are friends separated by time and distance and yet all I have to do to reach them is to take a walk down memory lane.

Love - Kavitha,my wife is a romantic. Enough said. Somewhere along the way, I learnt that the season of red roses gives way to the cycles of nature and fate and human frailities but sometimes, just sometimes, you find a love that stays for all times and all seasons. So I have loved and I have been loved but I am a believer and an optimist enough to believe that there is mad, irrational and overpowering love for those that choose to recieve it. And that keeps me going and keeps me a romantic.

Myself - Really, this is a bad, bad idea. Anyone who knows me would vouch for the fact that Kavi does not need any more prodding with this particular topic. But since you so patiently have gone through my long & boring post so far, I shall be my usual humble self and merely point to this tag that you cna feel free to read at some stage. There are not many other posts on myself (yes, it is hard to describe myself in words) but this pretty much sums my philosophy in life.

Anything - I scrolled through all my posts but then I decided to settle on a personal favourite, just because in my mind’s eye, the whiff of a summer afternoon soothes and heals me like no other. And when we talk of afternoons and seasons and the whole cycle of giving and receiving and loving and leaving love behind, I decided to end with the feeling of relief that comes from knowing one’s role in the grand scheme.

Phew that took time but it was fun. Thanks to my heart/mind/soul . I'm somewhat honoured that I felt good writting this post.

So who do I tag [insert evil grin here]?? my wife Kavitha, My sister, My Prakash Maama, My cousin Ganesh Prasad?? & please, please take up the tag because I would love to hear your take on things. I Know many of them dont even know what is a blog or what might me written here ...& I consider this as their ways to turn my tags down all the timeHence I need you to convince me that you are indeed my dear familiy & read through all the efforts I have put in & if possible let me know...what you think of all these?
Have fun, people. I would love to hear from you as I know heat of hearts...... no one is gonna read this !! & More os, even if theyr read....woudl not care ot write back............Sigh..does that make enough garbage of my time/efforts to key in this post????Only time woudl answer that!!!.

No comments: