Saturday, September 6, 2008

MOM - MY BREADTH (Silent & Deep, Short yet Tall & Soft yet Strong!)

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." - Abraham Lincoln

Where do I start & what do I say? Anything that I can ever say will pale into triviality when compared to what my mother means to me. The entire blog space would not be able to do the fullest justice to my MOM.

"The mother's heart is the child's school-room." Henry Ward Beecher
Yes indeed!like any other child -my 1st teacher & school was my mother!I saw her love, her acts, her words & I knew instantly that it was meant for 'our' good & my 'own' good! Family & kids were more important to her than she herself ever was! She saw in us-her children,a dream-a better future for her family!

Silent & Deep, Short yet Tall & Soft yet Strong-That's my mom!! She strived hard without excuses & undertook all the pains & ridicules to pave the way for what her kids are today!


My mom is a person of few words,yet her emotions & mind runs deep! She is short & thin in stature yet tall in her ethics, standards & thoughts.She is soft as a person yet strong whee it matters the most-her mind! All these qualities are what I wish I could emulate as she is a role model who inspires & motives my every word,action & deed!

My earliest memories of my mom is the fact hat she would wake me up early morning at about 5.30am & get me ready. She used to take me walking come summer, winter at sharp 6am to her class-her typing & shorthand classes. I used to be standing outside her class, playing & watching the world start their daily activities .At 7am she would finish her classes & drop me at my school at 7.30am. Sharp 11am she would come to pick me from school for home. Evenings 6pm to 8pm she would again go to her SSLC tutorials leaving me with my neighbour family. I sued to wonder what my mother was so busy with always. She used to always ensure that our family had never any dearth of any good food at home & so she used to prepare most of them herself staying awake late into the nights. I always found it tough to understand what m mom was doing away from us-kids whenever I used to see my friends/neighbours moms whiling away their time together chit chatting. She always seemed to be running against time ,but yet she always had the time to take us to a park or a movie or a temple & a occasional evening stroll for chaats that we used to adore as kids. I used to wonder if my mother was normal.I used to see her execute all her tasks without a question asked or a lazy procrastination at home,cooking,running household chores,ensuring the shopping requirements,teach us kids & help with our homework, spend time with our relatives,etc.

Now looking back I understand & appreciate what she was doing then..She was gearing us to face life....Mom,I cant thank you enough for all that you have said and done for us! If at all there is anything called rebirth, I just pray that I'm always blessed with you as my mother .


I began to appreciate her silent and hardworking ways as I grew older.I could understand what she went through when we were ill and needed her .She was always there for us..ALWAYS! Yet, she did a wonderful job of balancing her work and family needs.She is silent yet strong within.She does not speak much but her silence conveys a lot.


Strange are the ways of nature! Whenever I fall sick, she falls sick too. Whenever she is sick I feel uneasy within myself. My mom would instantaneously know what we are going through and what is bothering us,without even having to say anything.This divine bond is such.Even now being... 1000's of miles away from her & yet she knows what me going through when I say a HI on the phone!That's nature unique bond called MOTHER!


She is strong, yes indeed!When my dad had a cardiac arrest and I was away in Chennai & my sister in Hyderabad, she managed everything herself! I could see the same resilience when she was transferred to COORG for two years and yet her heart was at home.


I know not if you would ever read this! But I hope u do! For only then u would know how valuable you are to this loving son of yours! I can never ever garner the nerve to express all my gratitude 2 u in person as I'm sure I would break down!I don't want to ever feel weak & cry in front of u mom,as I'm sure U always dreamt of yr son to be a strong & never buckle down to anyone or anything!Not even emotions & that is what I'm moulding myself to be-even now!!

I learnt what it is to be a shinning example of "Silent & Deep" , "Short yet Tall" & "Soft yet Strong ".Your silent,hard working ways helped camouflage the deep ambitions you had dreamt for your kids ,silently swallowing all the ridicules/sarcasm & taunts that came your way as you built your way through life. You are slim & short yet stand tall in my eyes for all that you have achieved & the way you have conducted your life. You have been the best mom any kid could ever have by being soft yet your mental strengths is what I notice as you faced life & grew to become my idol/my breadth!

Dearest mom, for me-you are my God!I have seen ,felt,experienced, heard & realised what all you have gone through because of this son of yours!Today, when I recollect my entire life....all I see is what you have done & prayed for ! Your are my strength & your are my breadth!

As a squirrel service of gratitude to your unselfish love & care,I wish to dedicate this heartfelt few lines from the depths of my heart in your honour mom.....

Thank you my dearest mom.....

I know, often I took you for granted when I was growing up.

I always assumed you'd be there when I needed you...and you always were.

But I never really thought about what that meant till I got older and began to realize how often your time and energy were devoted to me.


So now, for all the times I didn't say it before,thank you, Mom.... I love you so very much!

I cant do the fullest justice of what you mean & what you are to me,yet this was a humble attempt to share this pure emotion that I carry deep within my soul as a salutation to my IDEAL WOMAN.....!Take a bow mom!


No comments: